Education, training and facilitation services
An experienced and qualified educate, trainer and facilitator ...
Garry has been working as an environmental planner for over 30 years, as both a practitioner an educator/trainer, and a meeting and workshop facilitator.
Training and education
Garry has run a number of training courses in the environmental planning discipline and can tailor a course to meet particular needs. Here is a sample of the courses Garry has run:
- One-day course in best practice EIA for public servants from Chile;
- A two day courses in an introduction to the WA planning system for Officers from the WA Department of Environment;
- One day courses in an introduction to the WA planning system for local government recreation officers through the Parks and Leisure Association of WA;
- Half day industry training for the Office of the EPA on Environmental Assessment Guidance on environmental management plans;
- Climate change adaptation planning for Curtin University Masters students;
- Long-course in the practice and process of EIA, with a focus on WA;
- Half day training on best practice coastal adaptation planning in WA;
- Long-course on environment planning in WA.
Meeting and workshop facilitation
Garry offers meeting and workshop facilitation service. Below are some examples of his experience in this area:
- Facilitating workshops for a Curtin University study into the socio-economic benefits of walking trails;
- Conference convenor National Coast to Coast conference 2014;
- Facilitating two workshops (2015 and 2013) of EIA practitioners and researchers;
- Facilitating panels for determine CoastWest and Coastal Management Plan Assistance Program grants;
- Facilitating meetings of the Great Victoria Desert Trust Fund Management Panel meeting; and
- Facilitating workshop of WA EIA practitioners on Streamlining EIA in 2014.